Courses and Workshops
Looking to build your Digital Understanding? You’ve come to the right place!
Our Digital Mums have a range of courses and (in person) workshops to help you grow your understanding of the online space, website development, social media, video creation – we got you!
SYDNEY WORKSHOP – SEO Basics for Small Business
Thursday February 21st 2019
Perfect for anyone who manages or writes content for their own business site and wants a better understanding of SEO best practice and how SEO affects their website rankings. This SEO Basics Workshop is a small group session and very hands-on. You’ll learn the basics of SEO for your website and bring your laptop along to work on your site on the day. You’ll leave with knowledge AND a website that is in better shape than it was at the start of the day
Spend two one-on-one sessions with Sarah from Content Society and you will not only walk away with a brand new website but also the skills to update it and make changes yourself. These one-on-one sessions are perfect for someone who:
- is computer savvy, but has never built a website
- wants to learn to update and manage their own site
- is happy to write the content for their own site
- needs a simple website and blog – this is not suitable for an e-commerce setup or something more complicated.
Want to be a VA but have absolutely no idea where to even begin? VA Institute has a super personalised one-on-one program where participants come away with ALL the tools required to step into a career path as a VA, plus some amazing additional inclusions that are all relevant and critical to setting up a successful home-based VA business.
Your Personalised Training is delivered one-to-one via either:
- an online meeting platform with face to face sessions
- a full day one-one-one workshop (at a location convenient to you)
- an Intensive Workshop held over 2 nights / 3 days (one-on-one)
- In conjunction with the Formal Training (as outlined above), we work
together for a total of 6 weeks to ensure your business is launched correctly
The Program is personally delivered by Ingrid Bayer who has been a VA since 2008, and has built up years of experience in the Australian Virtual Assistant Industry.
A free mini course to boost your confidence and get you started with SEO.
You know that getting to grips with Google is essential to your business. But for most, the thought of dipping your toe in the Search Engine Optimisation pond fills you with dread. I’m guessing you’ve been avoiding tackling SEO for one of four main reasons:
- You feel it’s too technical for you to grasp.
- You worry that SEO changes all the time and you’ll never be able to keep up.
- You’re confused by all the conflicting information you’ve found online.
- You fear you don’t have time to do it yourself or the money to pay an expert.
That’s where this mini course can help, by completing this 100% free mini course you’ll get:
- A sound understanding of how SEO works
- The confidence you need to embark on your SEO journey
- The first steps towards boosting your traffic and conversions
- An understanding of whether you should pay for SEO or aim for DIY
- A source of truth that you can trust with your questions and concerns
You’ll receive an email each day with an educational tutorial and a practical exercise to complete.
- Web design terminology and information gathering
- Installing & configuring WordPress
- Essential plugins
- Creating content for your site
- Best practice for web images
- Designing a site using web themes
- How to maintain the site
- Securing a web site
- Common errors and how to fix them, pronto!
- Plus some extra-special additions your clients will love!
Do you want to effortlessly attract customers with marketing that really works?
All successful marketing strategies start with a detailed understanding of who you’re targeting, and that’s exactly what this workshop is all about.
Who is this for?
If you’re a business owner just starting out, or if you want to improve your marketing results, this is for you!
Maybe you’re struggling to identify an ideal customer because you have a broad market appeal.
Or, maybe you don’t know how to profile your ideal customer and need a bit of help!
What do we cover?
- Defining your niche
- Creating your ideal customer avatar
- Identifying what makes them buy and when to approach them
- How to write your marketing message for ads
- How to write your elevator pitch
You’ll join me LIVE for 90 minutes where you’ll take part in an interactive workshop – this means you’ll be actually doing the exercises in the workshop and have the chance for live feedback.
If you have a course or workshop event that you think might be of interest to our audience, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details of advertising on this site.
Let people know you mean business by having a *real* email address when they are dealing with your business.read more
The best and easiest way to grow awareness of your business, get people over to your site is a content marketing plan.read more
You may be asking yourself, what’s does tennis have to do with social media? Glad you asked.read more